- The Doggy Lottery Ltd (DoggyLottery) is registered with Chichester District Council with No.: 3815/19/02251/GASSL under the Gambling Act 2005.
- The person responsible for the promotion of the lottery is Lee Brown, DoggyLottery, 3 The Grove, Westbourne, Emsworth, PO10 8UJ.
- For every £1.50 played minus card processing fees, 60% goes to the dog rescue centres (charity fund) and 30% is split between the prize winners (prize fund). The remaining 10% is used to run the lottery and administration costs.
2. Entry into the Lottery
- Only individuals aged 16 years or over are allowed to participate in DoggyLottery. It is unlawful for tickets to be purchased or sold by anyone under the age of 16. Any person who has entered the lottery and who is found to be under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize. You are required to verify that you are over 16 before entering the lottery. You are also not allowed to buy or claim to buy tickets on behalf of any other person.
- You must reside in Great Britain in order to enter DoggyLottery.
- By entering the lottery you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any lottery entry and participation instructions form part of these terms and conditions. Any entries not complying with these terms and conditions will not be valid. There will be no refund. DoggyLottery shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/ or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you if you have not complied with the Rules. The Rules may be amended by DoggyLottery from time to time.
- The lottery is not open to employees of the licensee who are directly involved with the running of the lottery.
3. Registration with the Lottery
- DoggyLottery can only be played online. In order the participate you will be asked to provide the following details:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Method of payment:
- Debit Card – Information required will include card number, expiry date and card security number
- Please note: the Gambling Commission has recently banned accepting Credit Cards for Lotteries and therefor DoggyLottery will not accept payment by Credit Card.
- Any other method made available by DoggyLottery from time to time – The information required will depend upon the payment method.
- DoggyLottery shall be entitled to take any steps necessary to verify the above information and to process your registration. DoggyLottery may (in its absolute discretion) refuse to accept an application for an individual to enter the Lottery.
- Once you have paid for your tickets, DoggyLottery will send you confirmation of your entry by email.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate. If you discover any errors in your name, address or any other details provided to DoggyLottery as part of your registration, when you receive your confirmation, then you must correct this by notifying DoggyLottery by email. DoggyLottery will make any required corrections as soon as reasonably possible. DoggyLottery shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/ or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you until such correction has been made. Any corrections notified to DoggyLottery shall only become effective once the correction has been made.
4. The Game
- To enter the lottery you will need to complete the following steps:
- Pick your favourite dog. Each dog is connected to one of the 5 participating rescue centres. This does not affect your chance of winning.
- Select the number of tickets and fill in your personal details.
- The cost of each entry into the lottery is £1.50. You may purchase more than one entry but the maximum number of entries is 20 tickets per individual in a single Lottery draw.
- Your entries will not be entered into the draw unless DoggyLottery has received all amounts payable (cleared funds) relating to your current entries Game by 23:59 on the Friday of that week’s draw. If there is a dispute regarding whether tickets have been paid for, then such dispute shall be resolved by reference to details included in official statements from the bank with which the DoggyLottery’s bank accounts operate.
- Recurring payments will be entered into the first available draw 3 working days after the collection has been made from your bank account. You will be notified of your first draw date by email.
- You may cancel your entry into the Lottery by notifying DoggyLottery by email. Upon receipt of this notice DoggyLottery will;
- Cancel future payments as soon as is reasonably practicable. Payments that have already been processed prior to cancelation will not be refunded.
- In accordance with the Act any payments made prior to such cancellation taking effect but which have not been used to pay for tickets in previous Draws will be used to pay for entry for your tickets into future Draws.
- DoggyLottery may cancel your entry into the Lottery (in its absolute discretion) at any time. DoggyLottery will notify you accordingly as soon as reasonably practicable and will reimburse any amounts which have been paid but relate to future Draws. Other than the reimbursement of any such amounts, DoggyLottery shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/ or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you in relation to such cancellation.
6. Protection of Customer Funds
- DoggyLottery transfers customer funds within 14 working days of receipt into a separate client account on behalf of the societies we act for and these funds are transferred to the Society on a regular basis. All remote operators licensed by the Gambling Commission have an obligation to hold separate accounts for proceeds. This is to protect the player in the event of an insolvency incident. DoggyLottery have assessed that they offer a ‘Medium’ rated level of protection as classified by the gambling commission. See link here.
7. Ticket Numbers
- Ticket numbers will be on a “Choose for me” option where a random combination will be selected. Each ticket number is unique to you. If you buy multiple tickets, you will still only receive 1 ticket number but you will be entered into the draw multiple times so your chances of winning increases.
- The last entry to the weekly draw is on Friday 23:59. The draw will take place every Saturday at 8pm. The winning entries will be selected using random number generator software. Prizes will be drawn in order – the first prize will be drawn first, second prize second, third prizes next and so on until all prizes have been drawn.
- Winners will be contacted by DoggyLottery by email within 2 weeks of the date of the draw.
- The winning numbers will also be published on the Website (including surnames and towns of winners’) every Saturday after 8pm on a weekly basis. This shall be for information purposes only. Only entries for which full payment has been received will be eligible to win a prize.
- By entering the lottery you acknowledge and agree to your surname and town of residence being published in relation to you being a winner in the lottery, including on the Website and on promotional material relating to the lottery and related activities.
- The prize fund consists of 30% of the total raised funds minus card processing fees. This is split each week between 20 winners. 20 winning entries will be selected using random number generator software. The first prize will be drawn first (1 winner), second prize second (4 winners) and third prize last (15 winners).
- The prize structure:
- 1st prize – 50% of prize fund
- 2nd prize – 25% of prize fund
- 3rd prize – 25% of prize fund
- DoggyLottery reserves the right to amend the prize structure at any time. Any such changes will be published on the Lottery website at least one month prior to a change being made and sent to all participants per email.
- Each ticket number shall only be entitled to win one prize in one draw.
- Prizes will be paid within 14 days of the draw.
- DoggyLottery reserves the right to withhold the payment of any prize until it is entirely satisfied that the individual who has won the prize has fully complied with the terms and conditions.
- If, upon winning any prize in the Lottery, you are not able to prove that you have met the criteria specified in terms ‘2 – Entry into the Lottery’ then you will not be entitled to receive that prize.
- There are no alternatives to the prizes offered from time to time and no interest is payable.
- If a prize cannot be paid within 6 months of the date of the draw then it will be credited to the Charity Fund.
10. Suspension of the Lottery
- DoggyLottery may (at its absolute discretion) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Lottery for any period of time. During such period, DoggyLottery shall:
- Suspend recurring payments from your bank or building society account as soon as reasonably practicable, and;
- Retain any amounts which were paid prior to such suspension taking effect that haven’t been used to pay for chances in previous Draws.
- You will be notified of further details regarding the resumption of the lottery or otherwise as soon as reasonably practicable after the date of suspension by email.
- Neither DoggyLottery nor any of the Societies participating in the lottery from time to time shall be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you arising from:
- Failure or inability to contact you and/ or award any prize due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact or bank details you have provided or your failure to update these if they change;
- Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by DoggyLottery or you from time to time.
- Any delays or failures in any systems used by DoggyLottery or you to transmit emails.
- Any failure in any software or other systems used by DoggyLottery for the administration of the Lottery.
- Any interruptions or errors on or to the Website.
- Any delays or failures in the banking system used by DoggyLottery or you.
- Any refusal by DoggyLottery to accept registration of an individual as a participant or the cancellation of a participant by DoggyLottery.
- Any failure to enter your ticket into the Draw.
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of DoggyLottery.
- DoggyLottery shall not be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Lottery (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and/ or the chance of winning a prize).
- The licensee may amend these terms and conditions at any time. We shall notify you of any material changes to these terms and conditions via the Website or by contacting you directly using the contact details you provided to us on registration (such method to be determined by the licensee in its discretion), before those changes take effect.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- DoggyLottery is committed to operating the lottery in a socially responsible way. If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware or from the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133. You can choose to self-exclude from DoggyLottery by emailing us at email@example.com. This exclusion will apply for a minimum of six months and you will need to contact us after this time has passed to play again. A 24-hour cooling off period will apply following a request to return to gambling.
- If you still have questions about playing our lottery, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.